What are Wireless Headphones?
Wireless headphones are headphones that don’t require wires to connect with the phone, tablet, laptop, and other such devices. They receive and transmit audio through radio or infrared signals.They are powered via chargeable batteries.
Why Should You Use Wireless Headphones?
Apart from getting rid of cables, there are multiple other reasons to why you should pick wireless headphones over wired ones. What are these? Let’s have a look!
- Majority of wireless headphone devices have superior technologies as compared to wired ones, such as noise isolation and bass-boosting, which enables them to produce better sound than their predecessors.
- They allow you to walk a certain distance away from your devices, generally around 30 feet; therefore, you have more freedom as compared to wired sound devices.
- Advancements in their technology have made them compatible with television, so you can watch your favorite shows on a bigger screen without bothering others.
Types of Headphones
After reading the advantages, most of you would be planning to switch to wireless headphones. However, you shouldn’t do that before understanding their various types available for purchase. Let’s discuss each of them in detail:
1. In-Ear Headphones
In-air headphones are the most popular type that you can find in almost everyone’s pocket. They are small and lightweight, which makes them easy to handle, and thus, portable.
You can pretty much understand from the name that they are placed inside the ear. They provide superior quality sound, as they are quite close to the eardrums. However, they might be harmful to your ear at very high volume.
2. On-Ear Headphones
As the name suggests, on-ear headphones go over your head and rest on your ears.
They are generally confused with the over-ear headphones because they are almost identical in shape and design. However, the major difference between them is that on-air headphones are smaller as compared to the over-ear ones, and the latter has padding which surrounds the whole ear.
3. Over-Ear Headphones
Over-ear headphones are pretty much similar to the on-ear ones. They go over your head and rest on your ears. They are bulky sound devices with padding that engulfs the ears. They usually have noise cancellation technology, which enables you to enjoy better audio as compared to other types.
Top 5 Wireless Headphones
Now, since we know the benefits of having a wireless headpones, let’s delve into the top 5 options.
Sony Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3
Sony is a prominent name in the headphone industry, and one of their most popular models is the Noise Cancelling Headphones WH1000XM3. As you can see from the image, it has padding, generally known as cushions, around their earphones, which provides comfort and stops sound leakage.
- Digital noise-cancelling technology
- Compatible with Alexa
- Adjusts sound levels according to surrounding
- Touch music and voice controls
- Battery life of 30 hours
Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone
If you are in search of superior audio quality comparable with Sony, but less bulky, then you should get your hands on Bose SoundLink On-Ear Bluetooth Headphones with Microphone.
Why is that? Let’s have a look:
- Wireless range of up to 30 feet
- Battery life of 15 hours
- Takes 3 hours to get fully charged
- Quick charge facility provides play-time of 2 hours in just 15 minutes of charge
- Lack of noise cancellation technology
Beyerdynamic Aventho Wireless On-Ear Headphone with Sound Personalization
Another great option in wireless on-ear headphones is the Beyerdynamic Aventho Wireless On-Ear Headphone with Sound Personalization. As the name indicates, it has sound personalization technology that adjusts the audio according to the user’s preferences and environment on its own.
- Integrated sound personalization
- Tesla technology for optimum sound quality
- Personalization through Beyerdynamic MIY app
- Battery life of up to 30 hours
Tribit X1 Wireless Earbuds
Enough with the chunky options, let’s talk about in-air headphones. One of the best options that you can get in this category is the Tribit X1 Wireless Earbuds. These little cuties have an in-built mic and can entertain you with superior audio quality for up to 15 hours in one charge.
- Silicon tips ensure that they stay put in your ear
- 3 hours continuous playback
- Comes with a portable charging case
- Dual 6-mm drivers for floor-shaking bass
- Advanced Bluetooth 5.0 technology
Sony WF-1000XM3 Noise Canceling Wireless Earbuds
The next popular and purchase-worthy option after X1 is the Sony WF-1000xM3 Noise Cancelling Wireless Earbuds. It has QN1e Noise Cancelling Processor so that you can enjoy distortion-free audio. Furthermore, it has a battery life of 24 hours; what else do you want?!
- QN1e noise-cancelling processor
- 90 minutes play-back in 10 minutes charging
- Adaptive sound control for smart listening
- Personalized sound setting through Sony I Headphones Connect app
By now, you would have become a pro in choosing wireless headphones and would have picked one of the 5 options provided above. Let us know, which one is your favorite and why? Also, tell us your experience with any of the other wireless handsfree that you’ve used so far.